(Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. The above image was taken and created by me for the purpose of this post.)
This is an interesting Top Ten Tuesday topic. It’s one that, honestly, I’ve never really thought about because if you love books than there really isn’t anything too outrageous you’d do for a book.
But still, I dug deep into my memory and have a few outrageous things I’ve done in the name of my love of books!
- I’ve driven eight plus hours (from New Jersey to South Carolina) to go to a book festival. Not once … but twice. And honestly, I’d do it again.
- I went to a midnight book party for Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.
- I’ve spent countless hours on lines to meet my favorite authors and get books signed by them.
- I flew to another state (Chicago) because I couldn’t bear to miss a year of Book Expo America (BEA).
- Of course I’ve stayed up until the wee hours of the morning because I just couldn’t put a book down.
While there aren’t a ton of outrageous things, those are the top five outrageous things I’ve done simply because I love books.