A few weeks ago, about halfway through January, I posted my January 2019 Reading Tracker, outlining the books I had planned on reading. This list didn’t include any titles I was reading or had to read for work.
Today, I am sharing with you the books I did, and didn’t read.
Originally, I set out to read two YA books: Royals by Rachel Hawkins and Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowly.
While I finished Royals by Rachel Hawkins, I unfortunately didn’t get to finish Words in Deep Blue. Though I did start it, and as of today am only twenty pages into it.
Not only did I set out to read two YA books, I also wanted to squeeze in some audiobooks, because as I’ve always known they help my (little in comparison to some) commute pass by quickly. I set out to read People Like Us by Dana Mele on audio. Well I did start and finish that one, along with Tyler Johnson Was Here by Jay Coles and Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta.
Lastly, I wanted to read one graphic novel. I had several on deck, but wanted to read Foiled by Jane Yolen. I’m happy to report that I did read it, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. And am excited to read the second volume soon.
Unrelated to the books I read for fun, I also did some reading for work. The books, mainly picture books, I read in January for work programs and projects are:
- Cece Loves Science by Kimberly Derting
- Wow! Said the Owl by Tim Hopgood
- Poe Won’t Go by Kelly DiPucchio
- Every Buddy Counts by Stuart J Murphy
- A Hundred Billion Trillion Stars by Seth Fishman
- Teddy Bear Counting by Barbara McGrath
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
- Hungry Bunny by Claudia Rueda
- If I Could Drive, Mama by Cari Best
- New Socks by Bob Shea
- Charlotte the Scientist is Squished by Camille Andros
- Happy by Emma Dodd
In total I read a total of seventeen books. Not bad if I do say so myself!