(Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. The above image was taken and altered by me for the purpose of this post.)
I was bit by the travel bug a long, long time ago. I remember being a little girl and my grandparents filling my head with tales of their travels. They visited the Island, drove down the California coastline, cruised around Alaska, and toured Europe.
As they told me stories I remember thinking: I want to do all those things too!
Now that I am an adult I have been very fortunate to make some of those travel dreams come true. I’ve been to London and Italy, I just recently visited Austria, Germany, and the Czech Republic. I’ve been to Louisiana, and Florida. I even made a u-turn in Arkansas on my way to Beale Street.
The point I’m making is that I do not necessarily need any book to awaken the travel bug in me. It had been awaken a very long time ago.
But! There are books that, even though they don’t awaken the bug, they do nudge it to want to travel and explore even more!
- Chasing Power by Sarah Beth Durst
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
- Reunited by Hillary Weisman Graham
- Why I Let My Hair Grow Out by Maryrose Wood
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
- Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Have you been bit by the travel bug? What books have awaken it in you? Please share in the comments!
(Cover images from Goodreads)