(The above image was created by me via Canva for the purpose of this post.)
As you already know I am an avid YouTube watcher. And while I love YouTube, admittedly I do not necessarily love some of the booktubers. Even so, I find myself watching many a haul, review, or tag video.
While scrolling through YouTube I came across a tag that caught my attention. And even though I am NOT a YouTuber/BookTuber (and even though I haven’t been tagged) I decided to break the rules and participate.
Today, I’ve decided to take part in the Guilty Reader Tag!
The Guilty Reader Tag was originally created and posted by ReadLikeWildfire.
This tag asks all those questions that we as readers are all too embarrassed and/or guilty to answer. Myself included.
But today, I’m putting my embarrassment aside and will answer all the tag questions for you!
The Guilty Reader Tag
- Have you ever re-gifted a book? Technically … yes I have. But I didn’t give it as a gift, so I’m not sure it actually counts as re-gifting. People know I love to read, and know that I love books. So I can’t help that I get a lot of them as gifts. When I read them, some I love, and some I don’t. The ones I do, I keep obviously, but what am I supposed to do with the books I don’t. I can’t bring myself to throw them out (I feel like it’s a waste of paper and money if I did such a thing), so I end up trying to find a good home (other than mine that is) for it. As of late, I’ve taken to given books that I no longer want (including books I’ve been given as a gift) to my younger cousin.
- Have you ever said you read a book when you haven’t? When I was in college and had very little time to read and an even more limited interest in reading the assigned book I totally said I read a book when I actually didn’t. I’m not proud of it, but I had to do what I had to do.
- Have you ever borrowed a book and not returned it? No, mainly because I generally don’t borrow books. But true story: my local public library accused me of not returning a book when I was little. They even sent a note stating that I would be put in a debt collection agency if I didn’t return said book.
- Have you ever read a series out-of-order? Why yes, I have. Even though I don’t necessarily love series (I tend to start them and never – ever – finish them) I can openly admit that I have read a series, well a part of a series at least, out-of-order. And that would be The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis.
- Have you ever spoiled a book for someone? Not that I can remember, and if I did it was never intentional. I have, however, spoiled a book for myself.
- Have you ever dog-eared a book? Of course I have. At one point in time it was a habit, one that I broke a long time ago.
- Have you ever told someone you don’t own a book when you actually do? Sadly … yes. We all have guilty pleasures that we are sometimes embarrassed to admit. A long, long time ago Nicole Richie release a book titled The Truth About Diamonds. It was not a book I would typically gravitate towards, but I like Nicole Richie. I read it, and I even owned it for a very long time. But if anyone had ever asked me if I had owned it, I totally said I didn’t. Lesson learned: never be ashamed of what you read!
- Have you ever skipped a chapter or a section of a book? No … I don’t skim either. Mainly because I’m just no good at it. And if I skim or skip I end up being confused about what is going on within the story.
- Have you ever bad mouthed a book you actually liked? I haven’t bad mouthed, but I have downplayed my love for a particular book … or books.
So there you have it folks! There are all the things I’m totally guilty of!
If you want to check out ReadLikeWildfire’s original video, check it out here. If you want to partake in the tag, I encourage you to – no matter if you are a BookTuber or not.