And welcome to today’s Top Ten Tuesday post. Today is all about my favorite character – specifically – the characters that I would want to have with me if I were stranded on a deserted island.
1. Chubs from The Darkest Minds/Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken – Anyone who knows me knows my love of Chubs. Yes, it’s true he holds a special place in my bookish heart. Beyond my love of Chubs, I always found him to be one of the smartest characters out there. Those smarts could come in handy on a deserted island.
2. Katniss from The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins – finding myself stranded on a deserted island is not a situation I want to find myself in. I have absolutely no survival skills. I am just not the kind of girl who enjoys sleeping out-of-doors, living off the land, etc.. But Katniss is all about survival – emotionally and physically. I feel like having her there by my side, I may actually survive.
3. Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins – In all honesty, I can see Lola and I just being really great friends. And if I found myself on a deserted island I’d want a best friend with me. Besides that, she could design us some fancy island wear.
4. Tana from The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black – Tana is really tough, and she does well in high pressure situations. Whereas, sometimes I simply do not. I felling like she would keep me from freaking out about things I couldn’t control while on this deserted island.
5. Dee from Open Road Summer by Emery Lord – I love music, and I think she would provide an awesome soundtrack!
6. Jordan Wilder from Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle – Eye candy … enough said!