(Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish. The above photo was taken and altered by me for the purpose of TTT posts. Do not take or “borrow” without permission.)
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday post is a really interesting one. In this post I get to share the top ten bookish items that I’d like to own. But I don’t want for a lot. So, below you will find the top five items I would love to own … one day.
5. Vintage Card Catalog – it’s the librarian in me. I’d love to catalog all my books. Yes, I think that would be fun.
4. Bookends – but not those plain ones. Fancy ones. I like these owl bookends a lot.
3. Bookish Artwork – Again, I imagine a space of my own, a space where I can decorate to my own styles and tastes. And through that art I would love to pay homage to the book I consider to have been a pivotal book in my reading life: To Kill A Mockingbird. After wasting time on Etsy a few months back, I stumbled upon this. I would love to own it.
2. A Reading Nook – one day, I aspire to own a home. And in that home I aspire to have a far off corner I can call my reading nook. And I’d like it to look something like this. Of course, I would take this design as inspiration and put my own touches on it. For instance, instead of actual bookshelves, I think it would be cool to have wallpaper that has been designed to look like bookshelves. I’d like a small chair side table to stack my current reads and a cup of coffee. I’d also like a big, cushy chair that I could sink into and drift into whatever book I’m reading. That sounds nice, right?!
1. Bookcases – If I had all the space in the world, and the ability and resources to custom make something like THIS, my books would have a beautiful home and I would have a great focus point in above mentioned space. But for the time being, with minimal space, I would totally settle for a few of this specific bookcase.