(Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish. The above photo was taken and was altered by me for the purpose of these posts.*)
And welcome to today’s Top Ten Tuesday. Today’s post will be about all the things on my reading wish list. What does that mean? Well, it means these are the things I wish I found in the books I read – from characters, to time periods, to well … anything. But not just books, these are things I wish for myself as a reader.
10. I’m a music junkie. So, it’s only natural to wish for more music – centric books.
9. As a reader, I tend to stick to the kinds of books I know. The kinds of books I’m most comfortable reading. Every so often I want to step outside of my reading comfort zone, and into something vastly different. I wish that genres like fantasy and scifi were a bit more approachable for me, and less intimidating.
8. We all have those characters that have left a lasting impression on us. One of those characters was Eleanor from Rainbow Rowell’s debut YA Eleanor & Park. Eleanor was a character that resonated with me, as I’m sure she did many other readers. Without getting into it all, let’s just say I related to her. I wish more characters were more open, honest, and as relatable as Eleanor.
7. Tone and a books narration are key. I’m a reader who prefers when a book is told in the first person. I however, don’t necessarily like when a book is told from the third person. Why? Mainly because I feel like I can’t connect to them, I feel very detached from the story and the characters. I wish this wasn’t the case.
6. There are plenty of books I’ve read in the past that I felt just dragged on and on. And why? Details. Details can be great, but overly so they could really weigh down a story. For those books that just dragged on and on, I wish there were less details and more enjoyment.
5. I wish I read a bit faster.
4. I wish there were less books that look so appealing to me, that way my reading list wouldn’t be so daunting. (I’m kinda kidding about that … but not really)
3. I wish there were more road-trip themed books.
2. I’m terrible with series. I normally start them, but rarely finish them. In regards to series, I really wish they were published closer together.
1. Lastly, I wish there were more time in the day to just sit and read.
*The above photo was taken by me, and was altered for the purposes of these Top Ten Tuesday posts. Please do not take or “borrow” it without proper permission. Thank You!)