(Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish Blog. The above photo was taken and was altered by me*)
Every year I set a goal – a reading goal – for myself. Normally I aim high setting my goal to read at least one hundred and fifty to two hundred books. But this past year I aimed just a smidge lower. I set my goal at one hundred and twenty-five books. Why? Because when I set it high I found that I don’t make the goal, and that makes me sad. So I aimed a bit lower and surprise, surprise I already met my goal of one hundred and twenty-five books. In fact I’ve breezed passed it, and am coasting towards one hundred and fifty titles.
Of those titles, I have to say there was quite a few authors who were new to me. Some of these authors are newer, some are already very well-known (I included those already well-known authors because even though they are known I hadn’t read anything by them up until this point). Without further adieu here are the top ten authors that may not be new to you, but certainly were to me!
1. Jessi Kirby (Golden)
2. Ruta Sepetys (Out of Easy)
3. Aprilynne Pike (Life After Theft)
4. Laura Lam (Pantomime)
5. Amy Spalding (The Reece Malcolm List)
6. Kay Honeyman (The Firehorse Girl)
7. Stephanie Kate Strohm (Pilgrims Don’t Wear Pink)
8. A. G. Howard (Splintered)
9. Diana Peterfreund (For Darkness Shows the Stars)
10. Sarah Dessen (The Moon and More, which *technically* I haven’t finished but am currently reading)
(* The above photo was taken and altered by me specifically for use in my Top Ten Tuesday posts. Please do not take or “borrow” image without permission. Thanks!)