I’m going at this Top Ten Tuesday post differently. Even though these posts normally focus on all things books, I wanted to mix things up a little bit. Today, no only will I be posting about the books that I am thankful for, but I will also be posting about things in my life that I am also thankful for.
Top Five Books I’m Thankful For:
5. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray – Beauty Queens hands down is one of my most favorite books. Why? Because it is laugh at loud funny, but it makes you question the things around you, and view the world differently.
4. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – I recently read Ransom Riggs’ Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. This book was unlike any other book I’ve ever read. And for that, I am Thankful.
3. Lola & The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins – Not only is Lola & The Boy Next Door an awesome book, but it’s filled with awesome characters. I really related to Lola, especially when it comes to the whole Marie Antoinette thing.
2. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – I have never read a book as moving as Rainbow Rowell’s Eleanor & Park. It’s the kind of book that will make you laugh, it will make you cry, and make you experience every single emotion you’ve ever had.
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – Any book that I read in a day is a book I am thankful for. Yes, I read John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars in a day. I’m thankful for beautiful writing, and a gut-wrenchingly beautiful story.
Top Five Non-Bookish Things I’m Thankful For
5. My Blog Readers – you guys are what really make this blog. It’s not the reviews, or the giveaways, it’s the readers. Thank You for sticking with me and this blog for so long, and for actually reading it!
4. Boots Lip Salve – this stuff is better than any chapstick I have ever used. Thank You for never leaving my lips feeling oily, and for being the best cure for chapped lips, especially during these cold winter months!
3. Libraries – Where else could you go to pick up free books! I’m thankful for free books, and for the libraries that provide them!
2. My Friends – you guys know who you are. I’m thankful to all the people in my life I consider to be my true friends, the people who genuinely are the best at being my friends. Thank You for, not only your treasured friendship, but for all the good times we’ve had and the good time we will have!
1. My Family – means the world to me. I’m thankful to them, because not only are they my support system, they are the people who’ve influenced me most, the people I look up to. They truly are the best.
(*The above photo was taken and was altered by me. Please do not take or “borrow” it without my permission.)